It seems these days that couples who have even just one date must put a label on what it is that they have together. Are they in a serious, committed relationship? Is this relationship headed somewhere such as marriage? Maybe they are just a couple of people going out together to do something that they both enjoy. There is really no way to know for sure what sort of relationship exists between two people who appear to enjoy spending time together. Many people cannot stand not having a label put upon connections between couples. After all, it might just be that two people have fun doing things that they have in common. It does not mean that their connection needs to be labeled.
There are reasons that no label dating is a good thing to do. If you are seeing someone who you enjoy spending time with and gradually grow together in a romantic way; that may be the time to tell others of your intentions. This is, without a doubt, labeling your relationship. On the other hand, there are a few reasons that labeling a relationship is not a great thing to do, at least until you are certain of what that label should be.
- A very good reason for not labeling your relationship, especially doing it too early, is that you go from just hanging out as friends to testing what connection the two of you have. Officially dating someone seems to change everything because the relationship becomes a test. For instance, you may never have concerned yourself with thoughts about clothing. Once the relationship has been labeled, you are suddenly questioning how you dress or how your partner dresses. There are other things that come out once a couple puts a label on their relationship. Enjoy the newness of the connection before labeling it in some way.
- Before labeling, things are done totally by what mood you are in at the time. Once a label is attached, you may start wondering if it is a bad sign that you are not holding hands as often. Something so simple to figure out previously has you questioning if it is going to hurt their feelings if you want to go home alone.
- Labeling a relationship can cause you to have expectations of whether or not it will last. It can also make you very disappointed when things do not work.
- Something that you should be aware of is how your feelings are going to be affected with a relationship label. Your emotions need to be able to evolve at their own pace. The reason for that is you might begin by feeling an intense attraction for someone, and then realize after a short period of time, that the compatibility needed to maintain a relationship is just not there. It is more difficult to backtrack if you have labeled your relationship as romantic too soon.
- Expect your close friends and relatives to be nosy once you label your relationship. There will be a constant barrage of questions such as your exclusivity or when you are getting married.
- It is completely normal to feel nervous when it comes to labeling your relationship and does not mean that it is doomed to fail. On the other hand, if you prematurely label it, you might find yourself asking for some time alone. This sets you up for failure, whereas if you are taking things slow, it is perfectly acceptable to take a few days for some “me time.”. Besides, if you never are apart, there is not the chance to miss each other.
- Referring to someone as your “main squeeze” while shutting down other options too quickly can have you paired with someone who is not the best fit for you. Obviously, labeling a relationship too soon can bring about all sorts of issues later that you might want to avoid.
- Some people feel that labels can create delusions of sort. Once you apply a label to a relationship, you have an idea of what you want from it, but that idea may not be based in reality. Things can become a bit dangerous anytime that reality is twisted if both parties are not on the same page. It can take some time to actually work out if this is true, so it is always better to get to know each other before attaching a label your relationship. This is where communication is vital. By communicating, each of you has the chance to know what the expectations are of this relationship.
In the end, if you just allow things to flow as they are meant to do, you have a much better chance of enjoying a successful and happy relationship. It is fine to use labels if that is what you both want. Just remember to keep the communication going and the results will likely be what you have always dreamed you will have.
Why it is so hard to talk about sex? There are many different thoughts and researches about the subject of sex. Some experts say talk about sex, can strengthen relationships. Communication is crucial for a satisfactory sex life. Couples who do not to talk about sex, are more likely to cheat.
When you talk about sex, you discuss what you like to do before, during and after sex. You are more likely to please your partner and have a satisfactory, fulfilling sex life, which in turn have a positive effect on your relationship.
Very Naughty dating decided to ask people in the know, about sex. Our core question was why most people still find sex and sexuality a difficult subject to discuss. The response we received for this “roundup” on discussion about sex and sexuality follows. It is an ongoing compilation, so feel free to contact us, if you will like to contribute to the discussion.
Ruby Ryder – peggingparadise.com
Shame is the silent saboteur of sexual satisfaction. Society dictates a sexual box we must fit into. None of us fit perfectly. When we have desires that are outside of the box, we feel shame. Communicating with anyone, even a loving partner, when you have shame about the topic is extremely difficult. And when sex is the topic, vulnerability and fear of rejection are factors as well. I think it all starts with the box! Just imagine what our world would be like if all expressions of consensual sex that did not harm anyone were accepted and celebrated instead of labeled and judged.
Jake Idoko – UKMatureDatingSite.com
This is a very interesting question, with complex multilayered answer. I suppose it actually depends on age, gender and even sexual orientation. But one thing that cut across all the that, is the fact that sex is a personal and intimate thing. Its not exactly something you want to discuss with your work colleagues on a Monday morning or any day of the week for that matter. But I think single men, tend to talk about sex, with their friends a lot more than married men do.
Joan Price – joanprice.com
Family, religion, and school conspire to make sex a stigmatized, hush-hush topic as we’re growing up. We’re supposed to be embarrassed to talk about it, especially my older age group. I find as a senior sex educator that when I discuss sex in a manner that conveys, “this is normal, this is marvelous, let’s talk out loud about it,” people respond first with surprise, then with eagerness to share their stories and questions. In other words, we can change our society’s aversion to talking about sex by simply talking about it!
There are many taboo topics for the people of different cultures and religions. Sex is one of them and probably is on top of the list. The answer is very simple – it is very sensitive topic. At the same time we all understand that you can’t ignore sex because it is everywhere: on TV, in magazines, online etc. Revealing your sexual wants and desires to your partner can be scary. But sex is something that comes naturally so you don’t need to feel awkwardly.
As you may have gathered from the responses above, perhaps those of us who do not seem to like talking to our partner about sex, may need to learn to open up a bit more. Almost all the contributors to our “expert round up on sex and sexuality” seem to agree that talking about sex, help strengthen relationship.
Would you like to contribute to this discussion? please contact us here.
Something that gets overlooked much too often during the Christmas season is your sex life. That might sound simplistic or unsurprising, depending on what your life is like during this time of year. It can often be difficult to find the time or energy for having sex with all of the shopping, decorating, cooking, and working on top of it all. There is something you must keep in mind, however. Having a good sex life can be an outlet for stress as well as just something that keeps you connected to your partner during the holidays. You should never let too many things get in the way of having a wonderful, healthy, happy sex life at any time. That means the holidays, too. Following are seven tips to help you have a happy sex life during the Christmas holidays:
- Lose any inhibitions: Use that holiday eggnog to loosen you up a bit and have some unrestrained fun in the bedroom, or living room, or even the kitchen, if you like. Alcohol is a well-known relaxer and, if you imbibe just the right amount, you and your partner might enjoy some new sexy moves.
- Fantasy fulfillment: Once the two of you have enjoyed a kiss under the mistletoe, you might want to try whispering your hottest secret fantasy into each other’s ears. Keep in mind that this can be any sort of fantasy that rocks the world for both of you. From wearing costumes to finding public places where you can show your passion for each other; the world is your oyster. Some of those Christmas decorations might have a totally different meaning after this.
- Stuff stockings with naughty things: Consider giving each other naughty items in your stockings. These can be anything from edible panties and massage oil to other fun toys that the two of you can use when no one else is around. Actually, you might want to have separate stockings for this if you plan to be around other family members or kids when you dig through your stockings. Having “clean” stockings as well as “naughty” ones will take care of this issue.
- Sex coupons: Spend some time writing love coupons and then tie them onto candy canes. These coupons can be cashed in at any time and should be filled with sexy, fun things that you can do to and with each other. The redeeming of the coupons can also be set up in a sexy way.
- Rewarding Santa: After a long, hard night delivering gifts to all of those good girls and boys, Santa will be ready for his reward. Serve him some cookies and milk while wearing a very special Mrs. Claus outfit. That will surely warm him right up and get him ready for a hot time with you.
- Make a present of yourself: Dress in something shiny and sexy, then step into a large, pre-wrapped box. This will have your partner’s name on it and placed near the Christmas tree. Obviously, do this when you know that you will not be in that box for very long. When this special gift is opened by your partner, you can continue with presenting him with his holiday gift.
- Romantic getaway for two: If you find that you just need a break from everything and there has not been enough time to spend with each other; book a romantic getaway for just the two of you. This can be at a resort or a bed and breakfast or just camping under the stars. Either way, all you need to do is be sure that the two of you are alone for a little while in order for you to reconnect.
- Cuddle: Something that is a lost art is that of cuddling. If, at the end of a day spent preparing for Christmas, both of you are just totally worn out, you do not have to engage in some acrobatic sexual activity. The two of you can just settle down on a love seat or in bed and just cuddle. There is closeness with that and it could easily lead to kissing and then passionate touching and clutching. Many times, cuddling serves as the beginning of foreplay, which leads to some pretty great sex.
- Eat finger food off each other: What is more decadently delicious than strawberries dipped in whipped cream placed strategically upon your bodies and eaten from them? Then, there is honey or peanut butter that can be placed in some extremely sexy sensitive areas on the body and licked away. Actually, when it comes down to it, you can experiment with all sorts of foods that are tasty as well as sensual.
The point of these tips is to give you some ideas to start. Once you get going, your creativity will most likely begin to grow and continue to do so. Remember, you can still enjoy some happy, healthy sex even during such a mad time as Christmas!
This is a new edition of sex blogs recommended by Very Naughty “Top Sex Blogs To Follow in 2017”. We spent a lot of time and reviewed hundreds of sex blogs & created our list of the most popular naughty blogs you shoul definitely follow in 2017.
If you think that we missed something, get in touch using our Twitter account @VeryNaughty or by sending a message using contact form.
Here is the list of the best sex blogs in 2017
Carasutra.co.uk is a sex blog and sexual magazine, offering news, advice, and reviews about sex related topics.. Blogger Cara Sutra provides all sorts of content as a seasoned erotic writer/author. You can participate in any of the forums on the site, view interesting pictures. They run competition and freebies on the site which you may want to check out.
Superlativelyrude.com is the home of blogger Laura Jane Williams. She provides insightful stories about human nature. Stories featured on Ms Williams website range from love, to being brave. From bravery to spirituality. She is said to write about subjects that matters to thousands of women. She sees herself as a dirty mouth version of Oprah. She contributes regularly to huffingtonpost.co.uk.
Bishuk.com is a blog aimed at readers over 14 years of age, who are contemplating sex or are sexually active. The site explores sex, relationships and your body. There is information available for parents to help their teenagers understand sex and how to go about it in a responsible way, should they decide to have sex.
Girlonthenet.com is a blog about monogamous relationships. The blog is written by a woman who shares her insight on why she dates monogamously. She also provides unique stories about sex and other topics such as role playing, hot sex and blow jobs.
Mollysdailykiss.com is a popular UK sex blog featuring personal experiences of the blogger Molly. Her work has been recognized by various media outlets and has had erotic images featured at different exhibitions in the UK. Readers are treated to creative erotic stories and photography.
Innocentloverboy.blogspot.co.uk is written by a male blogger with interests in love, sex and words. The blog features sexual opinions, memories and encounters the author shares with great visual details. The blog has been recognized as one of the top sex blogs in 2012, 2011 and 2009.
ladylaidbare.com, is a sex blog ran by Jillian Boyd. She provides engaging content about sex as a way to help herself and others understand sexuality. It is like learning about sex but what you didn’t learn about in school. You can also read erotic fiction and erotic romance.
Behindthechintzcurtain.com offers erotic writing and erotic photography to enhance your imagination. You can read sexy tales and learn about erotic books to inspire sexual fantasies. The blogger encourages visitors to read and play. Enlighten your imagination just a bit when thinking about what people do behind the drapes.
Askdanandjennifer.com is a sex blog offering comprehensive sex and relationship advice, based on popular media. The blog includes a web show and online magazine by Ask Dan & Laura. The site helps people accept themselves for who they are, while seeking innovative advice on how to improve love and sexual relationships.
Dangerouslilly.com offers detailed reviews of sex toys. The site also provide tips on sex toy maintenance and other valuable information. The author is a fearless blogger who fights against toxic toys. She provides in-depth information about sex toys including what you should know before spending money on a new sex toy.
Ladypandorah.com is a sex blog written from personal experience and views of the blogger. One of her main writing muses is sex, but she also writes about attraction and relationships. The blog is a sanctuary featuring erotic contents, including sex toy reviews and stories. The blog has a number of recognized achievements for its content.
Thegrittywoman.com is a sex blog that offers articles, product reviews and news. You can read about relationships, sex and learn about the latest sex toys. Video reviews offer in-depth details about products you can purchase. Readers can learn how certain sex toys can help improve their satisfactory.
Thepenelopejones.wordpress.com is an erotic poetry site. The blog features creative erotic poems. It provides positive and insightful views on sex and human relationship. There are also quotes, sayings and information on love, relationships and even other sex blogs.
Tamsinflowers.com is a sex blog featuring hot and sexy erotic content. You can read stories and erotic tales by the blogger, as well as learn about other erotic writings available. There is advice on sex and other things you can expect from a quality sex blog.
Intimacyinmarriage.com is an adult blog offering advice to Christian women. Readers can get wholesome advice on how to make sex interesting for themselves and their spouse. Get tips on how to make the best of sexual intimacy in a healthy way. The site provides insight on additional resources married couples will find useful including books, videos and articles.
Ohjoysextoy.com is an online sex comic with elements of a sex blog. Readers can get reviews on sex toys and useful information on sex topics such as contraception, sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy. The highlight of the site features various comic strips with enlightening sexual content.
Sugarbutch.net is a writing project by writers who identified themselves as a feminist. They provide personal insight on sex through essays, poetry and books. Readers can read dirty stories, queer kinky sex and relationships. This blog provides in-depth details about sex.
Sluttygirlproblems.com is a trendy sex blog featuring reviews, health and beauty tips and sex advice. It provides a wide range of insight on topics affecting men and women while providing a place for others to submit content for publication. It gives tips on how to have fun during sex and relationships.
Emandlo.com is a contemporary blog offering advice and insight on love, sex and beyond. You can learn about sex toys, watch videos and read confessions from others. Get sex health news and stay up to date on how sex is affecting elements of today’s pop culture including books, movies and celebrities.
Sunnymegatron.com is a sex blog that explores many sides of sexuality. The blogger works to educate readers about adult sexuality while being a proud advocate of sexual experimentation. Readers get useful insight on sex techniques, sexual identity, sex toy reviews and more. It explores kinky sex, non-monogamy and how to give a great blow job.
Pennysdirtythoughts.com is a sex blog with erotic writing, sex toys and photography. The blog offers useful tips on how to buy sex toys, reviews, erotic poetry and personal insight on sexuality from the blogger.
Agoodwomansdirtymind.com is a blog for individuals that find intelligence attractive and sexy. This sex blog is for the sophisticated individuals, who crave fund and enjoyment. Adults get sex education and classy adult humor. The site explores erotica as an art, while providing interesting article exploring sexuality.
Orgasmictipsforgirls.tumblr.com is a blog for horny girls everywhere. The contents are all about getting off and getting it on! It’s a place to get educated, reassured and maybe even turned on… and sometimes all three at once. There are questions, answers, tips, advice, and lots of juicy stories.
Wetlandia.com explore the deep waters of sex, pleasure, relationships, intimacy, sex toys, books, sexual health. Find out what gets you off and what brings you satisfaction.
Justindecerous.com here you can find posts about BDSM, Bondage, Chasity, Collars, Electro Toys, Restraints, Sex Toys, Underwear, Dildos etc.
Peggingparadise.com this blog was created by Ruby Ryder. She was ashamed of her sexual desire in the past. After getting over this shame, she created the blog to share quality tips and advice to people who feels the way she used to feel about sexual desire.
Girlyjuice.net Kate Sloan, the creator of the blog is relatively young. That is not to say she lack experience and wisdom. Her writing and blog is so popular that her contents were published on much larger sites such as The Establishment, Bitch Flicks, and Everyday Feminism.
Augustmclaughlin.wordpress.com this blog is curated by an author whose books on sex and sexuality has been published on Amazon. The blog contains very high quality articles.
Inbedwithmarriedwomen.com a clue to the contents of this blog is in the name of the site. The author is on a crusade to ensure sex is not boring for married women. The blog contains useful tips and advice on how to make sex more exciting in the bedroom.
Bextalkssex.com this blog would not normally make it to this list, because it is now so active. The quality of its contents however meant it should not be ignored. Some of the categories in the blog includes sex toys reviews, sex essays, news, kink, sexual book reviews.
Walkerthornton.com the main focus of this blog is now sex, that is not to say it does not contain a great deal about sex. The main focus is relationship and health. The sex section focuses on sexual health and sex toys reviews. The author of the blog does more than blog, he is a speaker and a write on the topics featured on his blog.
Malinjames.com the statement about sex from the author of this blog says it all: “Sex can be joyful, painful, wholesome or filthy – sometimes all at once. The people involved determine what kind of sex is being had, far more than the physical act alone.” Now you know why this blog was included in our list.
Formidablefemme.com this blog was created aby Sarah Brynn Holliday. In its first incarnation, the blog was solely about sex toys reviews. Over time, the author decided to decide to add sexual essays. Her personal essays often focus on depression, trauma, abuse and other weighty subject matter.
Redheadbedhead.com this is a site by JoEllen Notte. The main focus of her blog is sex toys. She started the blog a few years ago, when she was 32. She has carefully nurtured the blog into one of the most popular sex blogs online. You will find quality articles about sex, vibrators, sexual communication, sex toys reviews, sex and depression and many others.
Theotherlivvy.com on this blog you will find posts about sex and relationships. The author of the blog is a medical practitioner, so most of the contents are written from a medical point of view. The blog is far from being a boring medical angle on sex, some of the contents are accompanied by sexual pictures. This makes the blog stand apart from many of its rivals.
Exhibitunadorned.com this blog comes from a London based blogger. She writes about sex topics. A prolific blogger, her contents are featured on other blogs apart from her own. She is also very active on social media.
Nakedatourage.com one thing that sets this blog apart from the rest is the demographics it targets: senior citizens. Some of the contents includes senior sex news, sex toys reviews, adult films etc. It is an excellent blog that ensure that the over 60 are not left out.
Sugarcuntwrites.com this blog is primarily focused on the submissive end of domme sub sex. Most of the contents are about slave, submission, dominant. The contents is beautifully written. In addition to the contents of the site, the author is very active on social media. Many of her contents are accompanied by very nice pictures.
Littleswitchbitch.com this is a complete sex blog. It does not just focus on mainstream sex blog content such as sex toys and lingerie. The blog contains a healthy BDSM toys section. Each blogpost contains very saucy pictures.
Mytinysecrets.com the author of this blog described herself as a life-scientist. Her posts contain erotic pictures and saucy content. But it also contains scientific analysis. The posts are primarily targeted at female audience.
Carnalqueen.com a well designed blog, the author writes about sex and has a large adult toys reviews section. Though the blog is relatively young (founded in 2015), the quality and volume of its content has rapidly propelled it into the top of its niche.
Princesspreviews.com this blog as with all the other we have reviewed boast a great deal of saucy contents. You will also find a large selection of adult toys and a great deal of advice on how to use them.
Erikalynae.com the blog is named after its owner, Erika Lynae. She writes mostly about sex toys. The sex education section of the blog is a very popular category. There is a great deal of contents with advice for the younger adventurers.
Rebelsnotes.com is a blog that has its fifth birthday in January 2015. Marie, the owner, is creator of Wicked Wednesday, a weekly meme that encourages bloggers to be creative using a non-compulsory prompt. She is founder of a Dutch group for erotic writers and she organizes regular meetings in Utrecht.
Marie lives in the Netherlands with her husband and besides being busy with writing and her website, she works fulltime in her field of expertise. Her blog is a collection of words and images and has explicit auto-biographical content. She writes about her D/s based relationship with her husband, sexual interactions with others and her erotic fantasies, often illustrated with her personal photos. Marie is in her late forties and identifies as being a strong-willed woman who is submissive to her husband.
Do you wish to comment about this blog, then contact us via our social media page.
Connect with us via Twitter | Facebook | Google+