It seems these days that couples who have even just one date must put a label on what it is that they have together. Are they in a serious, committed relationship? Is this relationship headed somewhere such as marriage? Maybe they are just a couple of people going out together to do something that they both enjoy. There is really no way to know for sure what sort of relationship exists between two people who appear to enjoy spending time together. Many people cannot stand not having a label put upon connections between couples. After all, it might just be that two people have fun doing things that they have in common. It does not mean that their connection needs to be labeled.
There are reasons that no label dating is a good thing to do. If you are seeing someone who you enjoy spending time with and gradually grow together in a romantic way; that may be the time to tell others of your intentions. This is, without a doubt, labeling your relationship. On the other hand, there are a few reasons that labeling a relationship is not a great thing to do, at least until you are certain of what that label should be.
- A very good reason for not labeling your relationship, especially doing it too early, is that you go from just hanging out as friends to testing what connection the two of you have. Officially dating someone seems to change everything because the relationship becomes a test. For instance, you may never have concerned yourself with thoughts about clothing. Once the relationship has been labeled, you are suddenly questioning how you dress or how your partner dresses. There are other things that come out once a couple puts a label on their relationship. Enjoy the newness of the connection before labeling it in some way.
- Before labeling, things are done totally by what mood you are in at the time. Once a label is attached, you may start wondering if it is a bad sign that you are not holding hands as often. Something so simple to figure out previously has you questioning if it is going to hurt their feelings if you want to go home alone.
- Labeling a relationship can cause you to have expectations of whether or not it will last. It can also make you very disappointed when things do not work.
- Something that you should be aware of is how your feelings are going to be affected with a relationship label. Your emotions need to be able to evolve at their own pace. The reason for that is you might begin by feeling an intense attraction for someone, and then realize after a short period of time, that the compatibility needed to maintain a relationship is just not there. It is more difficult to backtrack if you have labeled your relationship as romantic too soon.
- Expect your close friends and relatives to be nosy once you label your relationship. There will be a constant barrage of questions such as your exclusivity or when you are getting married.
- It is completely normal to feel nervous when it comes to labeling your relationship and does not mean that it is doomed to fail. On the other hand, if you prematurely label it, you might find yourself asking for some time alone. This sets you up for failure, whereas if you are taking things slow, it is perfectly acceptable to take a few days for some “me time.”. Besides, if you never are apart, there is not the chance to miss each other.
- Referring to someone as your “main squeeze” while shutting down other options too quickly can have you paired with someone who is not the best fit for you. Obviously, labeling a relationship too soon can bring about all sorts of issues later that you might want to avoid.
- Some people feel that labels can create delusions of sort. Once you apply a label to a relationship, you have an idea of what you want from it, but that idea may not be based in reality. Things can become a bit dangerous anytime that reality is twisted if both parties are not on the same page. It can take some time to actually work out if this is true, so it is always better to get to know each other before attaching a label your relationship. This is where communication is vital. By communicating, each of you has the chance to know what the expectations are of this relationship.
In the end, if you just allow things to flow as they are meant to do, you have a much better chance of enjoying a successful and happy relationship. It is fine to use labels if that is what you both want. Just remember to keep the communication going and the results will likely be what you have always dreamed you will have.
Why it is so hard to talk about sex? There are many different thoughts and researches about the subject of sex. Some experts say talk about sex, can strengthen relationships. Communication is crucial for a satisfactory sex life. Couples who do not to talk about sex, are more likely to cheat.
When you talk about sex, you discuss what you like to do before, during and after sex. You are more likely to please your partner and have a satisfactory, fulfilling sex life, which in turn have a positive effect on your relationship.
Very Naughty dating decided to ask people in the know, about sex. Our core question was why most people still find sex and sexuality a difficult subject to discuss. The response we received for this “roundup” on discussion about sex and sexuality follows. It is an ongoing compilation, so feel free to contact us, if you will like to contribute to the discussion.
Ruby Ryder – peggingparadise.com
Shame is the silent saboteur of sexual satisfaction. Society dictates a sexual box we must fit into. None of us fit perfectly. When we have desires that are outside of the box, we feel shame. Communicating with anyone, even a loving partner, when you have shame about the topic is extremely difficult. And when sex is the topic, vulnerability and fear of rejection are factors as well. I think it all starts with the box! Just imagine what our world would be like if all expressions of consensual sex that did not harm anyone were accepted and celebrated instead of labeled and judged.
Jake Idoko – UKMatureDatingSite.com
This is a very interesting question, with complex multilayered answer. I suppose it actually depends on age, gender and even sexual orientation. But one thing that cut across all the that, is the fact that sex is a personal and intimate thing. Its not exactly something you want to discuss with your work colleagues on a Monday morning or any day of the week for that matter. But I think single men, tend to talk about sex, with their friends a lot more than married men do.
Joan Price – joanprice.com
Family, religion, and school conspire to make sex a stigmatized, hush-hush topic as we’re growing up. We’re supposed to be embarrassed to talk about it, especially my older age group. I find as a senior sex educator that when I discuss sex in a manner that conveys, “this is normal, this is marvelous, let’s talk out loud about it,” people respond first with surprise, then with eagerness to share their stories and questions. In other words, we can change our society’s aversion to talking about sex by simply talking about it!
There are many taboo topics for the people of different cultures and religions. Sex is one of them and probably is on top of the list. The answer is very simple – it is very sensitive topic. At the same time we all understand that you can’t ignore sex because it is everywhere: on TV, in magazines, online etc. Revealing your sexual wants and desires to your partner can be scary. But sex is something that comes naturally so you don’t need to feel awkwardly.
As you may have gathered from the responses above, perhaps those of us who do not seem to like talking to our partner about sex, may need to learn to open up a bit more. Almost all the contributors to our “expert round up on sex and sexuality” seem to agree that talking about sex, help strengthen relationship.
Would you like to contribute to this discussion? please contact us here.
Sex and sexuality question 2018
Why do most people still find sex and sexuality a dificult subject to discuss? Please share your thought by commenting on this post.
Something that gets overlooked much too often during the Christmas season is your sex life. That might sound simplistic or unsurprising, depending on what your life is like during this time of year. It can often be difficult to find the time or energy for having sex with all of the shopping, decorating, cooking, and working on top of it all. There is something you must keep in mind, however. Having a good sex life can be an outlet for stress as well as just something that keeps you connected to your partner during the holidays. You should never let too many things get in the way of having a wonderful, healthy, happy sex life at any time. That means the holidays, too. Following are seven tips to help you have a happy sex life during the Christmas holidays:
- Lose any inhibitions: Use that holiday eggnog to loosen you up a bit and have some unrestrained fun in the bedroom, or living room, or even the kitchen, if you like. Alcohol is a well-known relaxer and, if you imbibe just the right amount, you and your partner might enjoy some new sexy moves.
- Fantasy fulfillment: Once the two of you have enjoyed a kiss under the mistletoe, you might want to try whispering your hottest secret fantasy into each other’s ears. Keep in mind that this can be any sort of fantasy that rocks the world for both of you. From wearing costumes to finding public places where you can show your passion for each other; the world is your oyster. Some of those Christmas decorations might have a totally different meaning after this.
- Stuff stockings with naughty things: Consider giving each other naughty items in your stockings. These can be anything from edible panties and massage oil to other fun toys that the two of you can use when no one else is around. Actually, you might want to have separate stockings for this if you plan to be around other family members or kids when you dig through your stockings. Having “clean” stockings as well as “naughty” ones will take care of this issue.
- Sex coupons: Spend some time writing love coupons and then tie them onto candy canes. These coupons can be cashed in at any time and should be filled with sexy, fun things that you can do to and with each other. The redeeming of the coupons can also be set up in a sexy way.
- Rewarding Santa: After a long, hard night delivering gifts to all of those good girls and boys, Santa will be ready for his reward. Serve him some cookies and milk while wearing a very special Mrs. Claus outfit. That will surely warm him right up and get him ready for a hot time with you.
- Make a present of yourself: Dress in something shiny and sexy, then step into a large, pre-wrapped box. This will have your partner’s name on it and placed near the Christmas tree. Obviously, do this when you know that you will not be in that box for very long. When this special gift is opened by your partner, you can continue with presenting him with his holiday gift.
- Romantic getaway for two: If you find that you just need a break from everything and there has not been enough time to spend with each other; book a romantic getaway for just the two of you. This can be at a resort or a bed and breakfast or just camping under the stars. Either way, all you need to do is be sure that the two of you are alone for a little while in order for you to reconnect.
- Cuddle: Something that is a lost art is that of cuddling. If, at the end of a day spent preparing for Christmas, both of you are just totally worn out, you do not have to engage in some acrobatic sexual activity. The two of you can just settle down on a love seat or in bed and just cuddle. There is closeness with that and it could easily lead to kissing and then passionate touching and clutching. Many times, cuddling serves as the beginning of foreplay, which leads to some pretty great sex.
- Eat finger food off each other: What is more decadently delicious than strawberries dipped in whipped cream placed strategically upon your bodies and eaten from them? Then, there is honey or peanut butter that can be placed in some extremely sexy sensitive areas on the body and licked away. Actually, when it comes down to it, you can experiment with all sorts of foods that are tasty as well as sensual.
The point of these tips is to give you some ideas to start. Once you get going, your creativity will most likely begin to grow and continue to do so. Remember, you can still enjoy some happy, healthy sex even during such a mad time as Christmas!
Most people are not at their best in the morning. They often wonder why their alarm clock wants to hurt them in such a loud, frightening way causing them to sit straight up in the bed bumping their heads or even falling out of the bed. However, the experience of being roused from a wonderfully deep sleep is so much easier and more pleasant when waking up with sex is a part of the process.
Just think about how easy and relaxed morning sex can be. You have none of the pressure at night after you have had a tiring day. The next morning you will have a really warm pillow for your head as well as a cozy blanket. All you have to do is snuggle with your partner and never have to leave your comfortable bed.
To convince you even more, following are 14 reasons to enjoy some awesome morning sex;
- An immediate reward is presented to you for managing to actually wake up.
- It is not necessary to move out of your bed to initiate sex.
- An alarm clock is not needed.
- You are already under your warm duvet with no reason to touch your cold floor.
- No one even cares if you happen to be wearing pajamas and socks rather than something ultra- sexy.
- You still feel sort of sleepy which give you that very sensual sensation.
- Later, you will remember this encounter because there will be nothing, such as wine to fog your brain.
- There is no pressure to impress with your great sexual moves.
- You can just have spooning sex without having to do a lot of acrobatics.
- Breakfast comes afterward.
- You will need a shower to clean up for the day and it can be a joint one for extra fun.
- Before the sun even rises, you are overachieving.
- Your hormones boost in a way that will help you through the day.
- Sitting at your work desk, you think about that orgasm you had a couple of hours ago.
Think of these things and then give morning sex a try. You may find that it is one of the best decisions you ever made.